Now Hiring: Seasonal Sales Support
We are looking for enthusiastic Seasonal Sales Support Staff to join our team for the busy and exciting holiday season we have coming ahead. These are crucial support roles that will help the team and the store succeed. Job responsibilities will include customer service and sales as well as other retail store tasks that come up.
These are temporary full-time & part-time roles that offer anywhere from 24-40 hours per week.
Rare Device was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our store. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
- Maintain a customer-focused sales floor, actively facilitating communication, helpful selling, and anticipation of customer needs to ensure customers feel cared for
- Strive to ensure that the store is clean, well organized, properly stocked and that products are meticulously displayed
- You ensure that customers feel cared for by greeting and assisting them and answering their questions
- You efficiently prepare for opening and closing the store
- Loves to engage with people, easily strikes up a conversation and makes a quick connection.
- Has a way with people, curious about what a customer truly needs and offers meaningful suggestions.
- Gains energy from customer service interactions.
- Resourceful problem-solver with a strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment through empathy and creativity.
- Ability to anticipate both customer and store needs, all the while working well with others.
- Pays strong attention to detail and has excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in an interruption-prone environment.
- Self-motivated and timebound while on the sales floor, working autonomously with great follow-through.
- Seeks out feedback and are excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Has great communication skills and is a team player, assisting others in their efforts to deliver exceptional customer service and sales.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a positive outlook and good sense of humor.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills.
- You must be available to work some evenings, holidays and at least one weekend day per week
- You must be available to work through January including the days surrounding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Interest in indoor plants and their care, training will be provided
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with Mac OS
Classification & Compensation
- This is a temporary, hourly position
- Competitive Salary
- Generous employee discount
- We are committed to our employees' professional growth and provide honest and consistent supervision and training.
General supervision provided by the Owner
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling, sqautting
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Seasonal Support Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.