Now Hiring: Seasonal Sales Support
OverviewWe are looking for enthusiastic Seasonal Sales Support Staff to join our team for the busy and exciting holiday season we have coming ahead. These are crucial support roles that will help the team and the stores succeed. Job responsibilities will include customer service and sales as well as other retail store tasks that come up.
These are temporary full-time & part-time roles that offer anywhere from 24-40 hours per week.
Rare Device was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With a thriving brick and mortar store in San Francisco and a growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-favorite local shop.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our store. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
- Maintain a customer-focused sales floor, actively facilitating communication, helpful selling, and anticipation of customer needs to ensure customers feel cared for
- Strive to ensure that the store is clean, well organized, properly stocked and that products are meticulously displayed
- Ensure that customers feel cared for by greeting and assisting them and answering their questions
- Efficiently prepare for opening and closing the store
- You love to engage with people. You’re a person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You are passionate about connecting with customers to provide clear, creative, compassionate communication.
- People say you have a way with people. For you, it’s about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You exhibit great communication skills and are a team player, assisting others in their efforts to deliver exceptional customer service and sales.
- You gain energy from customer service interactions and are an observant multitasker, anticipating both customer and store needs, all the while working well with others.
- Self-motivated and timebound while on the sales floor, you work autonomously with great follow through.
- You are solution-oriented and motivated, finding ways to problem solve through empathy and creativity.
- You seek out feedback and are excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- You pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and ability to work in an interruption-prone environment.
- You must be available to work evenings, holidays and at least one weekend day per week
- You must be available to work through January including the days surrounding Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with Mac OS
Classification & Compensation
- This is a temporary, hourly position
- Competitive Salary
- Generous employee discount
- We are committed to our employees' professional growth and provide honest and consistent supervision and training.
SupervisionGeneral supervision provided by the Owner
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to ApplyTo apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Seasonal Support Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.