It's such a nice day out (finally!) that my mind is wandering. I think I'm just going to honor that and do one of my favorite activities - make lists.
1. Think of store activities. I'd like to have events here, not just sales but something useful or educational. Any suggestions? I will have some trunk shows for bags, and possibly a sew-in (a custom Giant Dwarf hat made for you while you wait). The space constraints are tough, but I guess we could move it elsewhere...I was just at Perch, a new cafe on 5th Ave and 5th St, it was heavenly, and how can you not like a place with Amy Ruppel artwork? They do coffee in the day and cocktails at night so that is a possibility.
2. Plan a trip to Trader Joe's. Yes, I am one of those people (ex-Californian) who can't wait for TJ to hit Manhattan. Here are some of my faves from there: Charlee Bear dog treats for Mia-dog; rosemary-flavored marcona almonds, the best almonds ever; cases of cheap Clif and Luna bars; well-priced frozen fruit chunks; smoky black bean dip, the only jarred dip I will eat.
3. Take home CDs. There is a growing stack at the store and it's taking over the floorspace. Here are today's discs: Gillian Welch, Art Blakey, Cibo Matto, Neutral Milk Hotel, Richard Buckner. Yes it's true, I haven't bought new CDs in 5 years.
4. Come up with new jewelry designs.
5. Get some ordering done. I am supposed to be thinking of Autumn right now!
6. Rearrange the window display. It is looking stale after about 3 weeks, time for a change.
If Sal the UPS guy brings me any new products today I will post again...
you’re truly inspiring. how about jewelry classes at your spot? I’m keeping my eyes open for a place to teach.