This necklace features a pendant made from a vintage German glass bead edged with 24k gold plating. The pendant comes complete with a 20" 14k gold filled chain. These opaque glass beads are vintage and were only made from the 1920's through the 1960's in West Germany. The original factory was destroyed in WWII. The maker of these beads invented a method for electroplating 24k gold to glass, first by plating the glass with platinum and then plating the gold on top of it. They are rare and no longer in production, thus making them more special and uniquely a part of history when worn.