The Rare Device Sales Lead is the energetic and customer-focused linchpin that ensures our business is always delivering exceptional customer service - an expert at creating a welcoming and inspiring environment for our customers while leading the sales team to do the same.
We are looking for that special someone who will thrive on the sales floor and gain energy from customer service interactions. An observant multitasker, anticipating both customer and store needs.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for relationship-building, has a growth mindset, is able to jump in and develop solutions where needed, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
A little history and background about Rare Device: the store was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With a brick and mortar store in San Francisco and a growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-favorite local shop.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our store. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
We value our employees immensely, providing health benefits and professional development, giving each person the training and ongoing support needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond. Also, while not a requirement whatsoever to join our art-bent team, most Rare Device employees are creatives and we love this! We’re proud to support independent artists, including the people who work here. We have an annual staff show in our gallery to expose their talent and our artist staff members love that they get to learn the behind-the-scenes of wholesale and working with businesses.
- Maintain a customer-focused sales floor by actively facilitating communication and responsive selling to ensure customers feel cared for.
- Lead by example by implementing Rare Device customer service standards in all customer interactions.
- Use keen observation skills and seek out areas of the sales floor that can be improved, while creating measurable improvement plans.
- Maintain very open communication with sales team and train as needed to exceed sales goals.
- Organize weekly sales floor plan focusing on creating the best workflow and coverage based on forecasts and business trends.
- Create and sustain a welcoming store environment by cleaning, straightening, restocking and generally maintaining the highest standards of store presentation.
- Work closely with General Manager to lead the Rare Device sales team
- You love to engage with people. You’re a person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection. You gain energy from social interactions.
- People say you have a way with people. For you, it’s about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You exhibit great communication skills and excel in connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, creative, and compassionate communication.
- You are self-motivated and timebound, you work autonomously and with consistent follow-through.
- You are solution-oriented and positive, finding ways to handle critical customer situations through empathy and creativity.
- You pay close attention to detail and stay highly organized, tracking sales goals and the successes you deliver as well as those of sales associates you are leading
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence, you go with the yes and you are always learning. You believe in achieving growth through feedback.
- You take pride in your work. It’s your store!
- You understand that retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexible with your schedule, with a willingness or preference to work at least 1 weekend day, sometimes both.
- 2+ years of retail experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store is a plus
- Training development/facilitation experience
- Familiarity with an array of workflow and project management techniques
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with Mac OS a plus
Classification & Compensation
- This is an Hourly Position with at least 32 hours per week
- We offer competitive hourly pay rates, commensurate with experience and fit
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for full-time employees
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Commuter benefit through Clipper
- Generous employee discount
- We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
This position is supervised by the General Manager.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Sales Lead” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. We will consider every applicant, but we will only reply to applications that we feel are a good match.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.