Rare Device was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With two brick and mortar stores in San Francisco–one on Divisadero and Hayes and the other on 24th Street near Castro–and a growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-favorite local shop.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our two stores. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Retail Sales Associate to join our team. Job responsibilities will include sales and inventory receiving as well as other retail store tasks that come up.
This role offers 30-40 hours per week and fluctuates between our two locations.
- Ensure that customers feel cared for by greeting and assisting them and answering their questions
- Ensure that store is clean, well organized, properly stocked, and that products are meticulously displayed
- Prepare for opening and closing the store
- Receive inventory, input new items into the POS system, and prepare items for the sales floor
- Able to provide a warm and welcoming environment to customers
- Able to handle critical customer situations with ease
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and ability to work in an interruption-prone environment.
- Must be available to work evenings, holidays and at least one weekend day per week
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with Mac OS
Classification, Compensation & Benefits
- This is a regular, hourly position
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for full time employees
- Paid time off for full time employees
- Commuter benefit through Clipper
- We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
General supervision provided by General Manager
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Retail Store Associate Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.