Now Hiring: Plant Program Manager
The Rare Device Plant Program Manager is a knowledgeable, plant-loving go-getter that will work closely with the Owner to help enhance our existing successful indoor plant program. This person will ensure that our plant selection is well rounded, our staff is knowledgeable, and our customers are highly satisfied.
We are looking for that special someone who is a creative problem solver and who can handle prioritizing and completing an evolving set of tasks while keeping the quality of their work at an excellent level.
While taking an existing program to the next level does not suit everyone, this is a perfect job for someone who wants to impact both the small and big-picture parts of our business and develop creative, streamlined ways to support a growing company. Ultimately, we are looking for a team player with a positive and flexible outlook who has a growth mindset, is able to jump in and develop solutions where needed, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
A little history and background about Rare Device: our company was created to help people find beautiful, unique, and functional items for individuals of all ages. With a thriving brick-and-mortar store in San Francisco and a fast-growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity for exciting professional growth and to make a significant impact in a prominent and quickly growing San Francisco-favorite local business.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and also serves as a gathering place for the diverse community surrounding our store. To do this, we assemble a team of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service, excellent work habits, and collaboration with our entire team.
We value our employees immensely, providing health benefits and focused professional development, giving each person the training and ongoing support needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
- Create an overall plan with input from Owner and staff to enhance our plant program and engagement strategies.
- Communicate regularly with Owner to keep her in the loop and gather input at every level of program development and implementation.
- Consistently design, implement, reflect, measure results, and refine the plant program plan for increasing success over time.
- Source a well-rounded assortment of high-quality plants and plant accessories
- Care for plant inventory and ensure plant health is top-notch
- Create and place purchase orders through our POS system
- Work with Inventory Manager to create and maintain a product cycle
- Train staff in proper plant care so that they are empowered to take care of inventory and to provide excellent customer service
- Be the steady, caring, and creative point of contact for customer service needs in regards to the plant program.
- Work as a Sales Associate as needed, understanding and supporting the store workflow and processes as well as the customer base
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Possess thorough indoor plant knowledge including sourcing, care, and species identification.
- A genuine love of sharing knowledge with the team and with customers.
- Ability to lead a staff team to work as a high-functioning group.
- Has excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership communication skills.
- Has a strong interest in and appreciation for art and aesthetics.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pays strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Is a clear, direct, and honest communicator.
- Is self-directed and takes initiative, noticing and taking care of all the details and issues without being asked.
- Is a creative problem solver, finding ways to navigate situations in win-win ways.
- Is a systems thinker, able to see the big picture, and makes changes to or creates process when needed, while considering and respecting how everything and everyone else may be affected.
- Is flexible and positive, knowing that sometimes things don’t go as planned.
- Is focused, and thrives in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment.
- Follows-through, meaning is self-motivated and sees tasks and projects through, with great quality all the way through completion.
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence, goes with the yes, and has a beginner’s mind/is always learning.
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job and company.
- Remains reasonably flexible with schedule, with a willingness to hop in and help when and where needed when possible.
- Handyperson skills, ie comfortable going up ladders and using tools like hammer, drill, etc., and has wall painting experience.
- Proficient with Mac OS.
- Experience working in a small business.
- Experience with POS software/systems.
- Proficient with G Suite tools.
- Comfortable with and an active user of social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Classification & Compensation:
- This is an Hourly Position, full-time, 40 hours per week
- We offer competitive hourly pay rates, commensurate with experience and fit
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for full-time employees
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Commuter Clipper benefit
- Generous employee discount
- We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously. We invest time and effort into working with each person to support and train for big growth so that each person excels in their role and beyond.
This position is supervised by the Owner.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Must be able to drive and posses a valid CA driver's license
- Seeing, hearing, and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Plant Program Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. We review every application, though due to high-volume, we follow-up only with those we are considering for an interview.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.