Now Hiring: Operations Specialist
We are still currently accepting resumes for this position but will not be calling applicants until we have a better idea of when we can re-open our brick and mortar store again.
The Rare Device Operations Specialist is a highly-organized, communication-loving go-getter that ensures our business is always operating in a productive and efficient way - an expert at seeing the small details, all the while maintaining a big-picture view of our entire operations.
We are looking for that special someone who can handle prioritizing and completing a constantly evolving set of tasks and projects coming from different departments while keeping the quality of their work at an excellent level.
Ultimately, we are looking for a creative problem solver with a positive and flexible outlook who has a growth mindset, is able to jump in and develop solutions where needed, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. While managing a variety of projects at once does not suit everyone, this is a perfect job for someone who wants to impact both the small and big-picture parts of a business, and develop creative, streamlined ways to support multiple areas of a growing company.
If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
A little history and background about Rare Device: our company was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With a thriving brick and mortar store in San Francisco and a fast-growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity for exciting professional growth and to make a significant impact in a prominent and quickly growing San Francisco-favorite local business.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent that also serves as a gathering place for the diverse community surrounding our store. To do this, we assemble a team of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
We value our employees immensely, providing health benefits and focused professional development, giving each person the training and ongoing support needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
- Create, maintain, and improve systems to ensure that projects and workflow are smooth and efficient
- Solve and handle vendor and affiliate issues swiftly, thoughtfully and respectfully when they arise
- Create new product entries within our Point of Sale system, including adding product descriptions, SKUs, measurements, prices, and other pertinent information
- Scan and file invoices, and ensure all invoices are paid on time
- Solve and handle inventory order issues directly with the vendor
- Create purchase orders in our inventory system
- Triage multiple email accounts: customerservice@, orders@, payments@
- Develop and maintain a filing system for physical and digital files
- Organize, order, and maintain office and store supplies
- Support General Manager with building maintenance needs
- Manage requests for charitable donations
Gallery & Events
- Coordinate all the requirements for gallery shows and events, ensure that everything happens on time and is high-quality
- Publish blog post, newsletter, event page and all other promotions related to the event and submit to Owner for final review
- Publish all event-related products on the Rare Device website
- Send relevant event information to press partners
- Manage all tools and supplies needed for gallery and event installation
- Buy and maintain all food, refreshments, and needed supplies for all events
- Recruit help from staff when needed to set up and clean up
- Be the steady, caring, and creative initial point of contact for customer service needs including special and custom orders, repairs, requests, and online orders
- Pays strong attention to detail, has excellent organizational skills, and has the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Knows how to prioritize and knows that being productive means doing the right thing at the right time.
- Is self-directed and takes initiative by noticing and taking care of all details and issues without being asked.
- Is a creative problem solver, always finding ways to navigate each situation.
- Is a systems thinker and has the ability to see the big picture and make changes to or create processes while seeing how everything and everyone else can be affected.
- Is flexible and positive, knowing that sometimes things don’t go as planned.
- Follows-through, meaning is self-motivated and sees tasks and projects through, with great quality all the way through completion
- Thrives in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Has a high level of emotional intelligence, goes with the yes and is always learning.
- Believes in achieving growth through feedback.
- Takes pride in own work.
- Remains reasonably flexible with schedule, with a willingness to hop in and help when and where needed when possible.
- Proficient with Mac OS.
- Experience working in a small business
- Familiarity with workflow and project management tools and techniques
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with G Suite tools
Classification & Compensation
- This is an Hourly Position, full time with 40 hours per week
- We offer competitive hourly pay rates, commensurate with experience and fit
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for full-time employees
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- Commuter Clipper benefit
- Generous employee discount
- We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously. We invest time and effort into working with each person to support and train for big growth so that each person excels in their role and beyond.
This position is supervised by the Owner.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Operations Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. We will consider every applicant, though we only follow-up on applications that we feel are a good match.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.