Now Hiring: Inventory Manager
The Rare Device Inventory Manager is an organized, motivated doer that ensures our inventory is received and maintained properly, our back stock spaces are always organized and easy to navigate – a detail-oriented, systems lover who likes to work with their hands and body.
We are looking for that special someone who will manage and implement our receiving system that is passionate about everything being in its place, and is excited about the products that we carry. This person is a self-defined doer and a natural at tracking information and follow through.
A little history and background about Rare Device: our company was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages and to uplift and support budding and established artists as professionals with important talent to share with the world.
With a thriving brick and mortar store in San Francisco and a fast-growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers opportunities for exciting professional development and to make a significant impact in a prominent and ever-growing San Francisco-favorite local business.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and also serves as a gathering place for the diverse community surrounding our store. To do this, we assemble a team of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard-working people who are committed to impeccable service, excellent work habits, and collaboration with our entire team.
We value our employees immensely, providing health benefits and focused, meaningful professional development, giving each person the training and ongoing support needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
As our Inventory Manager you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a systems thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are excited about a physical, hands-on job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an interest in and appreciation for art and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for keeping spaces organized and efficient, has the stamina for a physical job, and who is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Be the main point of contact for all inventory related issues
- Perform cycle counts to ensure all inventory is accurate
- Notice, report, and help solve systemic inventory issues that may come up
- Create and maintain reports and metrics that track inventory flow
- Communicate with Buyer, Merchandisers, and Sales Associates about any issues, information, or details about store products.
- Open all incoming, boxed deliveries
- Count items in the boxes, compare to invoices and packing slips, and track received items
- Input received items into our POS system
- Attach price labels to every item and prepare them for the sales floor
- Work with the buying team resolve any issues that may come up
- Ensure that inventory in all back storage areas are well organized
- Create, maintain, and improve systems to ensure that the receiving workflow is smooth, safe, and efficient
- Assist with restocking products on the sales floor
- Maintain a clean, organized receiving space, and dispose of shipping debris
- Be trained and work as a Sales Associate to stay closely connected to the store workflow and processes, as well as to the customer experience.
- Ship products to customers and vendors
- Work with Operations Manager to resolve any order issues that may come up
- Ship materials to vendors when needed
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- High level of emotional intelligence with a positive outlook and good sense of humor
- Solution-oriented and positive
- Ability to focus on the task at hand and manage an evolving workload with ease and grace
- Ability to work independently for extended periods at an adjacent office space
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, interruption- prone environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills
- 1+ years of retail stock experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Basic handyperson skills a plus
- Proficient with Mac OS
- Experience with Google Workspace tools (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, and Calendar)
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, exempt position
- The Inventory Manager will be expected to work at least one weekend day
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance for full time employees
- Paid time-off for full time employees
- Commuter benefit through Clipper
- Generous employee discount
- We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
General supervision provided by Owner.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Inventory Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. We will consider every applicant, but we will only reply to applications that we feel are a good match.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.