Full-time Stock Manager
The Rare Device Stock Manager is an organized, motivated doer that ensures our back stock and storage spaces are always organized and easy to navigate – a detail-oriented, systems lover who likes to work with their hands and body.
We are looking for that special someone who will manage and implement our receiving system that is passionate about everything being in its place, and is excited about the products that we carry. This person is a self-defined doer and a natural at tracking information and follow through.
As our receiving manager you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a systems thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are excited about a physical, hands-on job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an interest in and appreciation for art and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a talent for keeping spaces organized and efficient, has the stamina for a physical job, and who is whole-heartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time role that offers 40 hours per week. We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
About Rare Device
The business was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With two brick and mortar stores in San Francisco–one on Divisadero and Hayes and the other on 24th Street near Castro–and a growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-favorite local shop.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our two stores. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
- Open all incoming, boxed deliveries
- Count items in the boxes, compare to invoices and packing slips, and track received items
- Input received items into our POS system
- Attach price labels to every item and prepare them for the sales floor
- Ensure that inventory in all back storage areas are well organized
- Create, maintain, and improve systems to ensure that the receiving workflow is smooth, safe, and efficient
- Assist with restocking products on the sales floor
- Maintain a clean, organized receiving space, and dispose of shipping debris
- Be trained and work as a Sales Associate once per week to stay closely connected to the store workflow and processes, as well as to the customer experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, interruption-prone environment
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- 1+ years of retail sales and/or stock experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Experience with POS software/systems
- Proficient with Mac OS
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, hourly position
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit through Clipper
- We are committed to our employees' professional growth and provide honest and consistent supervision and training.
General supervision provided by store manager
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Stock Manager Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.