The Rare Device Administrative and Customer Coordinator is an organized details whiz who ensures that the management team is well supported and our customers are well cared for–a project-managing, systems lover who likes to make sure people leave us feeling satisfied and impressed.
We are looking for that special someone who will manage behind the scenes projects, that is passionate about organizing, planning, and clear communication. This person is a self-defined doer and a natural at multi-project management.
As our Administrative and Customer Coordinator you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be a systems thinker, able to jump in and develop solutions where needed. People who are not self-starters, not flexible, not open to feedback, nor great communicators need not apply. You are meant for this role if you are excited about a fast-paced, multi-layered job, a detail-obsessed and organized problem-solver with an interest in and appreciation for art and aesthetics.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who makes multi-tasking look easy, who is eager to support our management team and our customers, and who is whole-heartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a full-time role that offers 40 hours per week. We value our team immensely and we take each employee’s professional growth and aspirations seriously, so we work with each person to give the support and training needed to grow and excel in their role and beyond.
About Rare Device
The business was created to help people find beautiful, unique and functional items for individuals of all ages. With two brick and mortar stores in San Francisco–one on Divisadero and Hayes and the other on 24th Street near Castro–and a growing online shop, a career at Rare Device offers an opportunity to make a significant impact in a prominent and growing San Francisco-favorite local shop.
We strive to be the go-to walk-in and online store for gifts and personal treasures that introduces new artist talent and serves as a gathering place for the diverse communities surrounding our two stores. To do this, we need a group of exceptionally warm, creative, and hard working people who are committed to impeccable service and teamwork.
- Support our Owner, Store Manager and Community & Art Department Manager on Operations projects
- Scan and file invoices, and liaise with bookkeeper regarding invoices and payments
- Triage multiple email accounts
- Be the steady and caring main point of contact for customer service needs including special and custom orders, repairs, online orders
- Work as a Sales Associate for at least one full shift per week plus covering during some lunch breaks throughout the week, to understand and support the store workflow and processes as well as the customer base.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for physical and digital files
- Create, maintain, and improve systems to ensure that projects and workflow are smooth and efficient
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, interruption-prone environment
- Pays strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage a variety of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle critical customer situations with ease, respect, and win-win solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of administrative support experience
- Experience working in a small, independent store
- Familiarity with an array of workflow and project management techniques
- Proficient with Mac OS a plus
- Basic handyperson skills a plus
Classification & Compensation
- This is a regular, full-time, hourly position
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Commuter benefit through Clipper
- We are committed to our employees' professional growth and provide honest and consistent supervision and training.
General supervision provided by store manager
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Standing, kneeling
- Climbing stairs
- Climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Walking, moving quickly
- Typing, writing, reading
- Seeing, hearing and speaking, both nearby and at a distance
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Put “Administrative and Customer Coordinator Application” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Rare Device. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Rare Device is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.